Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Oh lord, Fincher has done it again. First of all I'd like to let you know I'm quite biased towards David Fincher and his cinematographer Jeff Cronenweth, but how could you not be? Every single movie they make together is outstanding, Fight Club, The Social Network to name a few. The story is complex and detailed, and at the risk of plagiarizing anyone I'll go ahead and link you to the story in full. One of the main things that drew me to the movie was how the movie was advertised in the trailers, for some reason, unlike most trailers of today, it did not give away any of the most important information or key plot points. It left me, personally, with a vague feeling which made me want to dig deeper and see it even more. There is a lot of frontal nudity, but for anyone who is serious about film and/or a perverted freak, you'll still enjoy the movie to the fullest, in fact the nudity barely struck me as shocking because of the frightening reality of it. It stars Miaeal Blomkvist and Rooney Mara, and in my opinion Fincher has always had a good eye for actors, they fit the part perfectly every time. In this movie they both performed excellently, this movie is sure to give them both serious recognition and possibly high strung awards.
Nothing else can be said for this movie in words, you must see it. This movie is worth the watch and defiantly will not leave you disappointed.

-John Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment